- The Concept of Affiliation
Affiliation strategy basically means that when a customer visits your blog and clicks on an affiliate link to a product that you are referring, you get a commission on a purchase that they make. This is one of the several ways that bloggers use to earn passive income. A majority of bloggers from different niches make affiliations with different brands.
Affiliation marketing is great because it doesn’t require much capital to start; you don’t have to ship products or deliver services. You basically get paid for referring new customers to other businesses. If you want to become a successful affiliate marketer, you have to implement the following strategies.
- You have to learn the basics of affiliate marketing and the steps required
- Your affiliate products and services should be of good quality. The rule of the thumb is that you should buy that product and use it yourself so that you can vouch for it. Make quality your priority and not the income.
- Research on information about payment so that you can know when and how you will get your payment. You can also research on any issue regarding money issues before you start affiliation.
- The next thing is to start your blog. A blog will give you the opportunity to promote am affiliate product, and this is why it is essential that you start one.
- After you have started a blog, you need to select items that match your niche or your website content. For example, if you want to be promote the services of opodo-partners.com, you must be a travel blogger.
- You should focus much on marketing your affiliate products. You shouldn’t just rely on social media or Search engine optimization [SEO] alone to drive people to your site or blog. You should determine your target market, where they are, and how you can draw them to your site.
- Examples of Affiliation Programs
There are several high paying affiliate programs available on the market. Some of them include:
- Amazon Associates
Amazon.com is amongst the most popular affiliate programs. Amazon is an American electronic and cloud computing firm whose headquarters is in Seattle, Washington. This firm is the largest online retailer in the United States. Its affiliate network, known as Amazon Associates, gives you the opportunity to advertise its several products to your customers.
- Affiliate Partners Limited
This an affiliate program in the financial industry. It deals with niches such as gaming, casino, trading, etc. Working with them is of great benefit because they have a very professional team.
This is an award-wining international affiliate program which reduces the risks and headaches related to traditional advertising. The affiliates of this platform only get paid when a measurable transaction happens such as a sale or lead.
- The Advantages of Affiliation Programs
The following are some of the advantages of Affiliation Programs
- It requires a low cost to start. Most of the affiliate programs are free to join.
- You don’t have to create a product or service
- As an affiliate marketer for Opodo, you can literally work anywhere so long as you have access to the internet.
- You don’t have to stock products or to ship them.
- It gives you a chance to earn a passive income as a blogger.